Note: Only District Admin (DA) users and Building Admin (BA) users with menu editing capabilities will be able to perform these functions.
If you are not using the base menus module to copy a base menu into the menu calendar and you are instead building a menu from within the menu calendar you will take the following actions:
- Navigate to to your Menu Calendar module from the black left side menu bar
- If you haven't already done so, create a new menu by clicking the blue plus sign button to the left of the menu calendar in line with the week you're wanting to create a new/blank menu for
- Fill in the required information into the fly out window, select "Start With a Blank Menu" dial and click the "Add Menu" button
- Click on the day of the week you'd like to add items to (by default, you'll be taken to the first operational day in the week - usually Monday)
- Click the blue plus sign button on the bottom right hand side of the screen to add to the blank menu worksheet. Select from:
- Advanced Search - Searches and displays all items and recipes in local databases (based on filters selected) and allows user to edit item/recipe info prior to adding to menu
- Add Choosi Combo - Searches and returns Choosi combo results based on keyword
- Add New Item - Searches and returns results from local databases based on keyword or allows user to create a new menu entry that doesn't exist in the local databases by entering all associated required data.
- If using the Advanced Search, when desired item or recipe is located and any desired information edited, click the "Add" button to add the item/recipe to the daily menu
- If using the Add Choosi Combo or Add New Item, click on the desired returned result, select whether the item/recipe is a side or entrée, enter the planned servings, and click "Save & Close" button
- Repeat steps 4-7 for each item or recipe you'd like to add to your weekly menu
Hint: If you're adding multiple items at once and want to perform these actions faster, in step 7, instead of choosing "Save & Close" click the upward arrow on that button and select "Save & Create New" from the dropdown list. This will add the item/recipe to your menu and leave the fly out window open for adding additional items.