What product is this article for?
The primary goal of this guide is to help you seamlessly setup your vendors in your district. This is one of the setup steps to prepare for running the data exchange with your existing software system as well. For users who are members of a co-op, it is important to select the predefined co-op vendors to be able to see their contracts and catalogs. This article will guide you through the steps to setup both a co-op vendor as well as a standard non-co-op vendor.
- Add a Co-op vendor to your GDSN Connect account.
- Add a non-Co-op vendor to your GDSN Connect account.
It is important that the vendor names in GDSN Connect are the same as those setup in your existing software for the data exchange process to work correctly. These names can be change later, but it's helpful for this article if you also have your existing software open to see how each vendor name is spelled.
Adding a Co-Op Vendor:
Co-op vendors have been setup by your co-op administrator and will contain the pricing as well as the catalog items already matched to the standardized items from the Nourish to Flourish Database.
- Go to your Vendors Module by clicking on Vendors from the left-hand side menu bar.
- Find the (+) sign at the bottom right corner and Select "Add Vendor".
- In the drop-down menu labeled "Select Vendor," you'll see a list of preloaded vendor names from the Co-op. Go ahead and select one of the co-op vendors that you use.
- Some vendors like Dairy Farmers of America my have multiple warehouses or Locations. For these vendors, you must select one of the locations to be able to see the contracts and catalogs available from that location.
- After select the vendor and location, you may edit the name so that it matches the value that is setup in your existing software prior to saving the vendor.
- NOTE: For the data exchange process to work, the vendor name must match exactly in both GDSN Connect and your software. You can change this value later as well.
- After you select one of the predefined Co-op Vendors, which will appear upon selecting the Vendor Name. Review the information and click [Save & Close].
- The contract for this vendor has been added and you can now search the catalog. For more information on searching a catalog please follow steps provided Searching & Adding Items from a Catalog.
Adding a standard Vendor:
The GDSN Connect setup process is designed to work with vendors (for both the data exchange with your existing software or using reports from your vendors), so it's important to setup all your non-co-op vendors as well.
- Go to your Vendors Module by clicking on Vendors from the left-hand side menu bar. Find the (+) sign at the bottom right corner and Select "Add Vendor".
- In the drop-down menu labeled "Select Vendor," select "Other". This will allow you to add a vendor with any
- Fill out the required information and select [Save & Close]. You can enter the name of the vendor that is used in your existing software now, or you can edit it later on the Vendor detail page.
By following these steps, you can seamlessly add all your vendors to your district, enabling you to access your co-op catalogs and easily upload your items into your item database using the Software Item Import process (if exchanging data with your software application) or the Vendor Item Upload (if you are starting from scratch).