What product is this article for?
This document describes some of the specific details about the integration with PrimeroEdge.
Most of the attribute within PrimeroEdge and GDSN Connect are pretty similar to each other. However, some attributes may have different names or terminology, and this article describes those differences.
GDSN Connect and PrimeroEdge have a similar structure but have different terminology for the records.
- Ingredient = Menu Item
- Stock Item = Item
If you're only using PrimeroEdge Menu Planning without Inventory, GDSN Connect will still contain the information to setup the Stock Items at a later point, making this upgrade easier to implement at your convenience.
Stock Item & Inventory Setup
- Whole Unit: This corresponds to the "Purchase Unit" in GDSN Connect
- Broken Unit: This corresponds to the "Inventory Unit" in GDSN Connect
- Broken Unit Description* = [Inventory Unit]
- Broken Units per Whole Unit* = [Inventory Units per Purchase Unit]
- Broken Unit Weight = [Net Weight As Served] / [Inventory Units per Purchase Unit]
NOTE: These attributes cannot be changed in PrimeroEdge by GDSN Connect. The items with an asterisk (*) can only be changed by submitting a support ticket to PrimeroEdge. The Broken Unit Weight can be changed in PrimeroEdge using values from GDSN Connect, which will guide the user through some additional validations.
Within GDSN Connect, there are two Net Weight attributes, both entered in a unit of "Pounds".
- Nominal: This is the value that is provided by the manufacturer and represents the "As Purchased" weight of the purchase unit.
- As Served: This is a calculated value that is equal to the [Servings Per Purchase Unit] x [Serving Size-Weight].
Ingredient Serving Size
- Serving Size-Weight: This corresponds to the Serving Size-Weight in GDSN Connect.
Inventory Setup Values
GDSN Connect converts the corresponding attributes in PrimeroEdge to those used within GDSN Connect. If you see anything odd, please submit a support ticket through the inTEAM Help Center with the details for the issue.
Since PrimeroEdge does not send information about the source of the nutrients (e.g., CN Database (CNDB)), GDSN Connect will always overwrite nutrient values from the file with those from the N2F Database.
Upon import back into Titan, Titan will retain the associated CNDB record so the nutrients will not be updated. This may cause a mismatch between the two systems for these values.